Wednesday, June 25, 2008

C'est la vie


I just put Ammar to sleep and he turn in without protest may be it's due to the effect of the medicine. He's having a temprature since I picked him from the nursery - 38.5 which is quite high. My husband told me to give him the fever medicine and see the progress at least until he finishes work before we take him to the doctor partly because we don't have a car at the moment. I was quite worried seeing his conditions - puffy eyes and he has started coughing though the level of the activeness was very well maintained and undisturbed, so I insisted that we take him to the clinic. We took him to the clinic by motorbike and it really tore my heart to see Ammar clinging to his dad, shivering and coughing. This experience made me realize that to own a car is no longer considered as luxury, it's a needs that one can't afford to live without. Now I understand the feeling of the needy who can't afford to have a car and have to rely on motorbike or public transportation. It is such a heart break to think that ones have to take their child out on a motorbike on a searing hot day to get treatment. I think we've learned our lesson well and this experience has actually made my husband to get into action. He finally ordered a second car, a smaller car for me after a long delayed and thousands of excuses. Still this doesn't stop me from leaving Ammar in the care of his dad tomorrow since the doctor advises not to take him to the nursery until he is fully recovered. Reading friend's stories about difficult people at workplace makes me uneasy about taking leave. I don't want to add more problems to my friends or give the gossip mongers a field day to talk about my absent or to give them pleasure to add on the 'gundalan'.

3 comments:

MN said...

hi arnie,

1st time here.

hope your son is getting better.

Anonymous said...

ya la ar... hope your ammar will get well soon..

dont worry; soon things will be back to normal..but at least one of ur top wishlist dah dimakbulkan...hehe...

arnieariffin said...

hi mrs noba,

thanks for the thought...